Personal data & cookies
AÏAM MAÏA e-commerce website
The Company Belle de Maïa respects your concerns about protecting your privacy and your personal data.
Your personal data collected is mainly processed by the Company Belle de Maïa in its capacity as controller.
Belle de Maïa, 1, rue de l’Antiquaille 69005, Lyon, France.
Paris Trade Register (RCS): 489 786 087
This policy describes how the Company Belle de Maïa will use information about you that is collected when you use the website www.aiam-maia.com (hereinafter the “Website”), as well as its mobile and tablet versions, when you make a purchase from one of our approved distributors and, more generally, when you interact with us. This policy informs you of the source and use of the browsing data collected via Cookies, as well as how to exercise your rights.
In accordance with applicable national and European regulations on the processing of personal data, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter the “Applicable Regulations”), Belle de Maïa is the “controller”, within the meaning of the Applicable Regulations, of your personal data collected in the course of using the Website.
In its capacity as controller, Belle de Maïa undertakes to process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in order to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data provided to it.
Changes to the policy
We may change and update this policy.
We recommend that you consult it whenever you interact with us so that you can remain informed of our data protection practices and your rights.
Personal data collected and processed – stored and enabled cookies
(A session) These cookies are used to allow the visitor to browse the website and do not store any personal information. They ensure that certain basic functions, such as the account login, browsing, adding a product to the basket, work properly. Their lifetime is limited to the user’s session and they do not last for any length of time.
COOKIE ANALYSIS (GOOGLE ANALYTICS)
We use software to analyze certain visitor information, such as traffic on the www.aiam-maia.com Website, use of the browser, the number of new visitors, marketing activity and orders placed. This information helps us to improve our Website, the shopping experience and our campaigns. The data stored by this cookie can only be seen by the relevant Aïam Maïa teams, but it does not record any confidential information.
www.aiam-maia.com uses the content “sharing” feature on social media such as Facebook. The company BIOMAÏA does not control the dissemination of these cookies, and we suggest visiting these third-party Websites for more information about their cookies.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies by default. You can however configure your browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or connected device.
If your browser is set to reject all cookies, you will not be able to make purchases or use some of the essential features on our website, such as storing items in your basket or receiving personalized recommendations. To manage cookies to meet your expectations as closely as possible, please configure your browser. You can disable cookies by following the instructions below:
If you use Internet Explorer: in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools button and then on Internet Options. In the General tab, under Browsing history, click on Settings and then on the View files button. Then click at the top of the Name column to sort the files into alphabetical order, then browse through the list until you find the files starting with the prefix Cookie (all cookies have this prefix and usually contain the name of the Website that created the cookie). Select the relevant cookies and delete them. Close the window containing the list of files, then click on OK twice to return to Internet Explorer.
If you use Firefox: in the Tools tab on your bowser, select the Options menu. In the window that is displayed, choose Privacy and click on Show cookies. Identify the relevant files, then select and delete them.
If you use Safari: in your browser, go to the Edit menu > Preferences. Click on Privacy then on Show cookies. Select the relevant cookies and click on Remove or Remove All. After you have removed the cookies, click on Done.
If you use Google Chrome: click on the Tools menu icon then select Settings. Click on the Advanced settings tab and go to the Privacy section. Click on See cookies. Identify the relevant files, then select and remove them. Click on Close to go back to your browser. For more information on cookies, please visit the website of the National Commission on Data Processing and Liberties (CNIL) (in French): http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/
Consequences of blocking cookies
YOUR COOKIE CHOICES
Your browser may allow you to disable all or some Cookies, either systematically or for an individual cookie sender. You can also set your web browser to accept or reject (individual or all) cookies proposed to you. Please note, however, that disabling all Cookies will prevent you from being able to use our Website normally, except for the basic features.
For any questions or complaints regarding this policy, you can contact us by writing to: Administrative department, Aïam Maïa, 1 Rue de l’Antiquaille, 69005 Lyon, France or to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 What information do we collect?
The company Belle de Maïa collects several types of your personal data.
INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE TO US DIRECTLY
We collect the information that you give to us directly when using our Website and interacting with us. This is the case when you:
- Create an online account,
- Sign up to our loyalty programme,
- Make purchases on our Website,
- Call us by telephone,
- Sign up to receive our emails,
- Take part in a draw, competition, promotion or survey,
- Contact us via third-party social media,
- Ask for customer support,
- Contact us in any other way. Sharing your personal information is voluntary.
However, if you do not provide some or all of the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information. The categories of information that we collect include:
- Identification and contact details (such as surname, first name, date of birth, postal address, contact methods) required to identify you when you use one of our Services (e.g. creating an online account).
- The transactional details required to process your order (articles selected, delivery and billing addresses, telephone number and email address, telephone number, payment method).
- Information about your preferences (such as your “Favorites” list online)
- Sociodemographic data (for example, your age, your profession, your sex, etc., which are mentioned when you post a review or create an account)
- Historical data about your online orders, and each time you use your loyalty account (we store a transaction history; similarly, when you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction)
- Historical data about your communication with us (We also store the history of your communication with us when you contact Customer Service or you send us a customer complaint)
- Your product reviews
The essential data that we request in order to meet your needs is marked with an asterisk or equivalent on data collection forms or specified verbally when such data is collected.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We collect certain information about you automatically when you access the Website, browse or make a purchase, including:
- Connection data: We collect information about the device that you use to login, as well as about your usage of the Website (such as your operating system, the type of browser used, whether or not a proxy is used, the location of the device based on your IP address, which enables your computer to be identified, duration of access, web pages visited, and the link that you used to access our Website).
This information is collected both when you are and are not logged in and can be connected to each other, whatever device is used. The purpose is to suggest the most personalized offers possible to you.
In addition, based on the data already in our possession, it may be possible to pre-complete certain forms.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and associate it with the information that we collect about you, such as:
- Information from the local postal services’ databases to check and update mailing addresses;
- Data communicated by third partners: : information communicated to us by third partners with which you have a relationship and which you have authorized to share data for commercial marketing or targeted advertising purposes.
- Data communicated by social media. For example, when you share your experience with Aïam Maïa on social media, you provide your personal data to this social media and to Aïam Maïa. This communication is governed by the personal data protection policies of these social media, which we ask you to refer to and with regard to which the company Belle de Maïa accepts no liability.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIRD PARTIES
In certain cases, we may also have to collect information that you provide about other people. For example, when you purchase a gift card for a third person, you can decide to send this gift card by email to this third person and you must, therefore, provide us with the recipient’s email address, which we will then use. We only use this information to respond to your requests and do not send marketing communications to your contacts without their consent.
2 For what purposes do we collect data?
- The proper functioning of our Website;
- The services and products offered;
- Preventing and detecting fraud, malware (malicious software) and handling security incidents;
- Providing share buttons on our social media;
- Carrying out all types of business operations (orders, payment, deliveries, invoicing, accounting, satisfaction surveys, customer service, etc.);
- Analyzing and personalizing the customer online experience to ensure that you receive the best quality services (anonymously);
- Running the loyalty programme and customer relationship via our CRM;
- Optimizing our customer service (accessible via email, telephone or chat);
- Handling any disputes.
- Certain data may also be stored to enable us to meet our legal obligations and to ensure that our interests are defended in the event of a dispute or legal proceedings.
3 How long is my data stored?
Your data is stored for the entire duration of our relationship. In general, your personal data is stored for the entire duration of your relationship with us, which is extended by a period of three years at the end of our relationship, and then archived in order to meet our legal obligations or for purposes of proof, or it is anonymized for research and statistical purposes.
We do however store certain data after your account has been deleted when such storage is required by law, or when this storage is necessary to enable us to handle disputes or disagreements. In this case, the data required to settle a problem or dispute will be stored for the duration of the dispute within the limits of the applicable rules on limitation periods. Other data may be stored after processing to prevent the data from being attributed to an identified person for research and statistical purposes.
- Personal data from the client account and data about your use of this Website
Duration of three (3) years from your last activity on the Website. (Purchase or change to account)
- Data related to an order
Duration of three (3) years from your last order (the fields “surname, first name, email, telephone number, personal address” are anonymized after 3 years of inactivity)
- Website audience measurement and browsing statistics
Duration of thirteen (13) months for cookies.
- Leads/customer data
Duration of three (3) years from the date of their collection or the last contact, or the last order.
- Data to establish proof of a right or contract, or stored for compliance with a legal obligation
Archived in compliance with current legislation.
4 Is certain data transferred outside the EU?
This Website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google) to store “analytics cookies” on your system. This means that the information about users and the use of our Website is transmitted to Google and processed on our behalf for the purpose of compiling reports about activity on our Website, and measuring the number of visits to the Website.
Your IP address is also transmitted, but it will not be associated with any other Google data. In addition, it is shortened (usually within the European Union) and only the shortened form is saved by Google.
For storage in the United States, Google self-certification under the Privacy Shield provides an appropriate level of data protection. You can object to the processing of your data for these purposes by installing a plug-in
The following information will be transmitted and processed: Information about the devices used (operating system, type of device, browser, screen resolution), the origin of our users (for example, language as well as the city and country the Website user is from and the Website through which the user reached us, IP address) and the use of our Website (which BIOMAÏA Website and content were consulted, as well as the date and duration of the visit).
5 What are my options for promotional communications?
You can join our mailing lists and agree to receive marketing and promotional information from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking directly at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us. In accordance with the provisions of the amended French Data Protection Law (Loi Informatique et Libertés) of 6 January 1978 and of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, to information, to object, to rectification, to data portability and to the erasure of your data.
You have the right to withdraw consent and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You also have the right to draw up and issue guidance concerning arrangements for your data after your death. To exercise one or more of these rights, you must fill in the Contact form.